Root Broth for Winter Support
Whether you feel the need to boost your body's detoxification processes, or simply want an earthy, nutritious, and warm beverage this winter, consider adding a root broth to your daily routine. You'll warm your body while enjoying the benefits of added vitamins and minerals, which is something we can all use.
Body Balance Reset Root Broth
• 1 large beet
• 1 large rutabaga
• 1 medium sweet potato (orange variety)
• 1 large parsnip (they resemble carrots, but are tan in color)
• 1/3 yellow onion
• 3 carrots
1. Chop these vegetables and place in a ceramic, enamel, or stainless steel pot.
2. Add one gallon of water (filtered or Crystal Geyser brand).
3. Simmer on low for 60 minutes, keep covered
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool
5. Drink broth daily
a. Begin with one cup (8 oz.), adding an additional cup each week.
b. You’ll max out at a quart per day – 32 ounces.
6. You can eat the veggies, too!
Of course, you can add whatever other vegetables you like - kale, fennel, and mushrooms are excellent choices. Drink. Enjoy. Repeat.